Mold is known as a fungus that thrives in humid conditions. It may be found both inside and outside. You might get a mold-related ailment if specific forms of mold start to increase within your house, you could get a mold-related ailment.
In addition to Aspergillus, Chaetomium, Cladosporium, Fusarium, Mucor, Penicillium, Rhizopus, and Wallemia, several other dangerous mold species could be found inside. Mycotoxins and microbial volatile organic molecules are the two types of toxins mold creates. These two kinds of mold toxins can both be ingested or breathed.
Long-term complications may result from the toxins that mold creates. People exposed to mold or other biotoxin-producing conditions are more likely to develop Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. Your risk is enhanced if you have allergies, asthma, respiratory problems, or a compromised immune system. The body must first be detoxified of mold to start feeling better.
Mold poisoning frequently remains undiagnosed and untreated because it can behave similarly to many other illnesses. Numerous symptoms can result from exposure, including:
- difficulty breathing
- aching joints
- memory issues
- sinus infections(Sinusitis)
- gasping for breath
- difficulty focusing
- light sensitivity
- skin rashes
- digestion issues
Your immune system may be suppressed or harmed by these pollutants. They not only have the potential to cause symptoms in themselves but also to increase your susceptibility to other diseases.
How do you detox from mold exposure?
You can use a mixture of binders to help you detoxify and eliminate toxins from your body. The following binders are frequently used to assist with mold removal:
- Activated Charcoal: Because activated charcoal will bind to everything, including toxins, vitamins, minerals, and other drugs, it must be used cautiously. Your integrative doctor will need to monitor your diet if activated charcoal is administered closely, and supplements could be necessary.
- Bentonite Clay: For many years, people worldwide have employed this volcanic ash-derived clay to aid in the body’s detoxification. Heavy metals, poisons, and other hazardous substances are absorbed by bentonite clay. The body receives a variety of minerals from it as well, such as magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, and sodium. The body benefits from the antiviral and antibacterial effects of bentonite clay.
- Chlorella: Chlorella is a type of alga that is excellent at eliminating toxins from the body. Chlorella helps remove heavy metals and toxins from the body by binding to them in the digestive system. Chlorella has natural immune-boosting properties. It is a common binder employed by integrative practitioners since long-term usage carries no danger of nutritional deficiencies.
- Pectin: Citrus fruits, apples, and plums are a few examples of fruits containing pectin. Pectin lacks moisture (dehydrated) and serves as a fiber supplement. Biotoxins that are present in the digestive tract and interact with heavy metals are swept up by pectin. Pectin is a cheap binding agent that functions well with other binders. Pectin, however, might result in gastrointestinal problems such as gas, pains in the abdomen, and diarrhea.
- Zeolite: Zeolite is made up of many different natural minerals and is available as a powder. This well-known detoxification powder attracts heavy metals and poisons from the body by binding with them. Zeolite is frequently used with other binders in functional medicine to provide a well-rounded detoxification strategy.
- Probiotics: Even if you don’t have a mold problem, probiotics are an excellent, all-natural approach to cleansing your body from poisonous mold. Studies have shown numerous probiotic strains to combat mycotoxins directly and safely eliminate them from the body. Probiotics are available in drink and pill forms, plus numerous fermented foods.
- Collagen: According to research, collagen formation and type II collagen levels in the body are negatively impacted by mycotoxins. Since collagen is the basis for our skin, joints, bones, muscles, connective tissues, etc., we require much of it. One strategy to repair the intestinal barrier and other areas of your body that may have been harmed by mold exposure is to consume collagen.
- Bone Broth: Bone broth contains amino acids and collagen, which help heal gut damage. Bone broth’s contents have been connected to intestinal recovery and giving your body the necessary collagen that mycotoxins may have harmed.
How to detox your home of mold
For your health and well-being, you should eliminate any mold you suspect is present in your house as soon as possible. If you adhere to a few specific criteria, you can perform the task yourself in smaller areas:
- Ensure that all water incursions and leaks are addressed. Completely dry the area.
- Wear an N-95 respirator to protect your lungs from absorbing mold or mold spores. Both hardware stores and the internet carry them. They will assist in capturing spores in a disposable cartridge so you can securely remove them.
- When destroying mold with bleach and water, especially, wear long gloves.
- To prevent mold spores or bleach in your eyes, put on goggles.
- Mold should be thoroughly cleaned with detergent and water and then dried.
- If they contain mold, discard porous or absorbent items like carpets.
After you’ve wiped off the mold, ensure everything is dry. Never cover a mold-infested area with paint, caulk, or any other cover type. Call our mold remediation specialist for all of South Florida to get your home clear of mold!